Welcome to the Million Dollar Journey “freebies and deals” page. As there is a lot of “free stuff” and “deals” out there, it’s difficult and time consuming to distinguish the good from the waste of time. Below summarizes some of the free tools and deals from companies/products that I have recommended before, separated by topic. I will be expanding the list as I find more products that are worthy of sharing with my readers.
- MBNA Smart Cash Credit Card – This free credit card offers 3% cash back on gas/groceries, 1% cash back on everything else, and an impressive suite of insurance coverage. This, in my opinion, is the best cash back credit card in Canada and is the credit card that I use for primary spending. You can read my full smart cash review here.
Stock Trading Tools
- Free Email Stock Trading Course – Receive stock trading lessons and tips via email from INO Market Club. Learn about trader psychology, the basics of support/resistance, moving averages, and trading indicators. All that’s required is your name and email.
- Educational Stock Trading Videos – Free online educational video seminars on stock trading strategies and secrets taught by well known “super traders”. The only thing required is registration (free).
- Stock Trend Analysis – Free technical/trend analysis of stocks of your choice, all they require is a stock symbol and an email address to receive the analysis. This tool is good for both Canadian and U.S stocks with no abbreviations necessary. If you create a free trend analysis account, they will email you a daily trend analysis of each stock in your watch list.
- Questrade Discount Brokerage – Rated the #1 discount brokerage in Canada by Million Dollar Journey readers. Get $50 credited to new accounts using “MillionDollarJourney” as the affiliate code or by simply using this link to join (some conditions apply).
- ING Direct $25 Bonus – This is not much of a trading tool, but a savings freebie. Open an ING Direct account with my ING Orange Key and get $25 added to your account when you deposit $100 with your initial cheque. After opening an account, you can refer your friends for an additional bonus. You can read my ING Direct Review here.
- Online Shopping Cash Back Rebates – Get cash back for making online purchases you were going to make anyways with popular e-stores (like Chapters). New Great Canadian Rebate accounts automatically get $2 added to their accounts along with a 1 in 100 chance of winning a $25 gift card from an e-bookstore of your choice.
- Zip.ca – Free Online DVD Rental Trial – After building a new entertainment center, I decided to start renting movies online instead of in store. Zip.ca has the largest selection of all online DVD rental businesses in Canada not to mention a hefty Blu-ray selection. Like most online rental places, Zip.ca offers a 2 week free trial.
- Car Cost Canada – Get Wholesale Car Quotes – After writing my article about negotiating when buying a new car, a reader wrote me about how she used Car Cost Canada to save thousands on her new car purchase. If you are in the market for a new car, for a small fee, Car Cost Canada will give you a report on what the dealer paid for the car. Having this information will help provide leverage in your negotiations.
- Lunarpages – I’ve personally tried numerous cheaper “shared” web hosting, some good but also quite a few bad ones. From my experience, the best bang for your buck web host that I’ve found is Lunarpages. Their regular price / month is $6.95, but for the fall season, they are offering all 12/24 month terms the reduced price of $4.95/mo. This pricing includes a free domain name, unlimited bandwidth/storage and one click WordPress/blog installation. For the features, reliability, available support and money back guarantee, the current pricing is a steal.
- Free Online Hard Drive Backups – I was searching for online backup solutions and came by this little gem. This free service will automatically backup local computer files of your choice at set intervals onto their encrypted online site. No more worrying about losing your most important computer files. Sign up for their free account (2 GB space) via my link above and start protecting your sensitive data.
- 250 Free Business Cards – VistaPrint is offering 250 free basic color business cards for trying their service. The catch? You need to pay for shipping ($7.90 within Canada) and there’s a small cost if you remove their logo from the back of each card ($2.49). I took advantage of this offer a few years ago for my real estate side business and they turned out great!