Alright, so a little about me (FrugalTrader). I am a married Canadian who was born, raised and currently resides in Eastern Canada. I began investing in mutual funds when I was 16 years old and the passion for finance grew from there. When I graduated from University (I was 23), I started getting more serious about the stock market and real estate investing.
Since I started young, I have built an equity portfolio that has been growing gradually over the years. I hope to grow my net worth to at least $1 million by the time i’m 35 (end of 2014 – see current net worth). Is the goal too high? Am I naive? I don’t think so but only time will tell and this blog will be here to keep track along the way.
The intention of this site is not only to keep track of my financial progress, but to help and educate those who are interested in personal finance and investing. Along with that, there are a number of articles here about the strategies that have helped me get to where I am today (check out the archives).
Here is some more info about me:
Must Read Posts:
- Top Cash Back Credit Cards in Canada
- The Smith Manoeuvre – Make your Mortgage Tax-Deductible!
- Canadian Discount Brokerage Comparison
If you’re still confused as to where to start, check out the Million Dollar Journey User Guide.
- Million Dollar Journey has received some positive media attention from a national newspaper: The Financial Post (July 13, 2007). Here is a snippet:
..I like this one. Clearly written, accurate, informative, not over-selling an idea, just telling you what you need to know. You shouldn’t take this as comprehensive advice, just as information on high interest rate accounts. ..I conclude that this is one personal finance blog that is worthwhile for the average person…
- The National Post (July 14, 2007) recently conducted an interview of yours truly. They even came to my house to take pictures! Here are a couple of snippets:
..Sometime in the year 2014, Newfoundland’s millionaire club will increase by one. That is, if all goes according to plan for FrugalTrader, the moniker of the 27-year-old engineer behind the personal finance blog Million Dollar Journey… ..Still, he knows that by 2014, $1-million will hardly be enough to retire on. Perhaps it won’t be enough to retire the journey either. “When I reach the $1-million mark, who knows what will happen? Perhaps I’ll blog full time.”..
- The Telegram, Newfoundlands premier newspaper, has featured Million Dollar Journey on their front page (August 10, 2007). You can read about the article here.
- Nominated on GlobeInvestor.com as “Best of The Blogs.”
- We have had small mentions in the popular publications The Globe and Mail, The Toronto Star, BNN and MoneySense Magazine.
Here are some common ways to subscribe:
You Can Also Follow Me Via:
Your user data submitted on MillionDollarJourney.com will never be given/sold to third parties. E-mail addresses submitted in the comments section will never be involuntarily displayed.
If you chose to receive e-mail updates, you can unsubscribe at any time by following the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the e-mail received.
That’s all for now! Contact me if you have any questions.
The articles posted on this site are the opinion of the author and should not be considered professional financial advice. Please consult a financial professional before making any major financial decisions.