Weekend Reading – June 22, 2007
- Get Rich Slowly has hosted the Carnival of Personal Finance 2 year Anniversary Edition! What’s special about this edition is that blogs were asked to submit their best articles over the past 2 years. MillionDollarJourney.com submitted the Retiring Early Series.
- John Chow dot Com, a blog that helps you make money online is giving away a 24? wide screen LCD monitor! To enter, you just have to write about it. This is my entry. Now give me the monitor! The contest is sponsored by BluFur, who wants to let you know that they’re hosting Canada and the rest of the world.
- Canadian Financial DIY is on fire this week with a couple of great artcicles. The first is an article explaining “Travel Costs for Visitors of the UK/Scotland“. Interesting article as we plan to travel Europe sometime in the future. The 2nd article is “ETF Screeners, Tools and Primers” which is a great summary for anyone who is interested in ETF’s.
- Thicken My Wallet writes about how “The Most Over Looked Part of Your Portfolio is … Cash!“. I couldn’t agree more, you need cash on hand to purchase bargains in the market when they come up! I’m currently holding large percentage of my portfolio in cash right now.
- Getting close to your retirement? What do you do now? Canadian Dream answers this question in his article “I’m Ready to Retire, Now What?”.
- I’ve updated the Canadian Discount Brokerage Comparison article to include the FOREX fees/spread that brokerages use when exchanging CAD$ to a foreign currency. I am missing some of the fees from CIBC, RY, BNS, and E-Trade. If you know them, please let me know via comments.
If you would like to read more articles like this, you can sign up for my free
weekly money tips newsletter below (we will never spam you).