Weekend Reading – Jan 11, 2008
- Patrick at Cash Money Life hosted this weeks Festival of Frugality. MDJ submitted the guest post on how to save money when buying a car. In addition, the article was selected as an editors choice!
- Tim from Canadian Dream posted a very informative article on what happens if you don't plan for retirement. The article explains the government benefits like CPP, OAS, and GIS. A must read for all Canadians thinking about their retirement future.
- Here's an interesting "All Canadian Wealth Test". The article basically indicates the average income,net worth and debt in Canada. Great timing on the release of the article as I've had numerous requests from readers on how to know if they are on track in terms of income and net worth. My finances are pretty transparent, so you know where I am, but where do you stand?
- Raising a disabled child can not only be stressful emotionally, but financially as well. To help relieve some of this financial burden, there are some Canadian programs that you can take advantage of. Canadian Capitalist writes about the Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) and WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo writes about The Henson Trust.
- Frugal people, like me, love to shop at Walmart. You get great prices for everyday brand name products. Even though Walmart is great for the consumer, it can be not so great for their suppliers. This story on "The Walmart You Don't Know" is an eye opening expose on what Walmart suppliers face to keep their business with Walmart.
If you would like to read more articles like this, you can sign up for my free
weekly money tips newsletter below (we will never spam you).