As we are getting to the stage of our marriage where we are starting to think about kids, we are starting to think about the various financial impacts of having a newborn. From what I've heard from other parents, newborns aren't that expensive, it's when they get to the teen years that things get tangly.
You're probably looking at the catchy title, "The Breast is Best" and wondering, what on earth is FT thinking about. Well, on the topic of newborns, my wife and I were discussing the benefits/advantages of breast feeding. Mind you, we understand that not all women are able to breast feed, but if they have the choice, this is why The Breast is Best.
For the Newborn:
- Protects child against various forms of infection, illness and allergies (more details here).
- Enhances development and intelligence.
For the Mother:
- Risk of a Osteoporosis and specific types of cancers are reduced (breast, ovarian etc).
- Increases metabolism thus aids in the shedding of post pregnancy weight.
- Financial benefits – as stated in my newborn baby expenses article, formula can cost up to $75/month.
For those of you with more experience than me on this issue, what are your thoughts?-> If you would like to read more articles like this, you can sign up for my free newsletter service below (we will not spam you).