This week was a technically challenging week for MDJ as I botched an upgrade thus making various parts of the site a little buggy. One thing I noticed was that the post schedule was a little wonky, so thanks for being so patient while I'm working things out. As per the messed up scheduling, I promised a book giveaway of the book "A Million Bucks by 30". That contest has been postponed until coming Monday (hopefully)!
Anyways, enough about that, here are some great money related articles I read this week.
- Plonkee Money hosted this weeks Carnival of Personal Finance. Out of the editors picks, my absolute favorite was "How I taught my Preschooler the Value of a Dollar".
- Moolanomy had the great idea of posting the best pf blog posts of 2007 and a bunch of top notch sites participated. The articles submitted are all worth the read.
- The Financial Blogger writes about his feelings/stress levels just before a job interview. I can certainly relate with him on this one.
- There is some good news and bad news with regards to those with variable rate loans/mortgages. The good news is that economists predict that the central bank will drop rates by 0.25%. The bad news is that the banks may not drop prime to match. You can read a more detailed article by Canadian Mortgage Trends.
- We've written about tipping policies before, but only on a local basis. CBC has an article that describes tipping policies for some international cities.
One more thing!
- MDJ had the honour of posting a guest article about the basics of RRSP's on one of the bigger pf blogs out there, GetRichSlowly. Thanks for the opportunity J.D!
Enjoy the weekend!If you would like to read more articles like this, you can sign up for my free weekly money tips newsletter below (we will never spam you).