It’s time again for my monthly net worth update – The Sept 2007 edition.
The first net worth update of the fall and we're off to a good start. After a slow summer, September was good to us and gave us a +2.27% increase in net worth. Although our liabilities remained the same, the net worth increase primarily came from cash savings and increased portfolio value as the markets have turned around.
Our house is now up on the market, so our net worth statements may get a slight shift when our home is sold. Perhaps I'll post a few articles about our home selling experience.
Ramblings aside, here are the numbers:
Assets: $447,600 (+1.33%)
- Cash: $4,500 (+0.00%)
- Savings: $40,000 (+8.11%)
- Registered Investment: $50,500 (+4.34%)
- Pension: $20,300 (+2.01%)
- Non-Registered Investment Account: $45,900 (+1.07%)
- Real Estate: $ 264,500 (2 properties) (+0.00%)
- New Home Deposit: $5000 (+0.00%)
- Vehicles: $16,900 (2 vehicles) (-0.59%)
Liabilities: $182,300 (-0.00%)
- Mortgage Debt(from 2 properties): $173,400 (-0.17%)
- Insurance: $900 (+50%)
- Other Liabilities: $8,000 (-0.00%)
Total Net Worth: ~$ 265,300 (+2.27%)
Started 2007 with Net Worth: $224,000
Year to Date Gain/Loss: +18.44%
Happy to report that we're up +18% year to date. Perhaps I should have set a goal at the beginning of the year but ideally, I would like to hit the 25% mark. We "should" get close to that goal providing everything goes as planned and no more market corrections. :)If you would like to read more articles like this, you can sign up for my free newsletter service below (we will not spam you).