It’s time again for the monthly net worth update – The November 2007 edition.
October was a great month for the markets, but November has been terrible. This recent drop has taken a bite out of my registered/non-registered accounts. Thank goodness for our bigger savings these couple months as they have offset most of the market losses. I usually don't get too concerned over dips in the market as I'm in it for the long haul.
Assets: $377,100 (+0.40%)
- Cash: $4,500 (+0.00%)
- Savings: $112,500 (+5.73%)
- Registered Investment: $47,700 (-7.20%)
- Pension: $21,100 (+1.93%)
- Non-Registered Investment Account: $45,000 (-2.81%)
- Real Estate: $ 124,500 (investment property) (0.00%)
- New Home Deposit: $5000 (+0.00%)
- Vehicles: $16,800 (2 vehicles) (-0.00%)
Liabilities: $104,100 (.90%)
- Mortgage Debt(investment property): $94,700 (-0.21%)
- Insurance: $1,500 (+25.00%)
- Other Liabilities: $8,000 (-0.00%)
Total Net Worth: ~$ 272,900 (+0.52%)
Started 2007 with Net Worth: $224,000
Year to Date Gain/Loss: +21.83%
One more month to go to see how 2007 went in terms of net worth increases. I'm hoping that it will be close to 25% when it's all said and done.
Did the November market tumble affect your portfolios as much as it affected mine? Perhaps I should have a small bear hedge in my portfolio for such months as these. Anyone use the bear ETF HXD?If you would like to read more articles like this, you can sign up for my free weekly money tips newsletter below (we will never spam you).