It’s time again for the monthly net worth update – The November 2007 edition.
October was a great month for the markets, but November has been terrible. This recent drop has taken a bite out of my registered/non-registered accounts. Thank goodness for our bigger savings these couple months as they have offset most of the market losses. I usually don't get too concerned over dips in the market as I'm in it for the long haul.
Assets: $377,100 (+0.40%)
- Cash: $4,500 (+0.00%)
- Savings: $112,500 (+5.73%)
- Registered Investment: $47,700 (-7.20%)
- Pension: $21,100 (+1.93%)
- Non-Registered Investment Account: $45,000 (-2.81%)
- Real Estate: $ 124,500 (investment property) (0.00%)
- New Home Deposit: $5000 (+0.00%)
- Vehicles: $16,800 (2 vehicles) (-0.00%)
Liabilities: $104,100 (.90%)
- Mortgage Debt(investment property): $94,700 (-0.21%)
- Insurance: $1,500 (+25.00%)
- Other Liabilities: $8,000 (-0.00%)
Total Net Worth: ~$ 272,900 (+0.52%)
Started 2007 with Net Worth: $224,000
Year to Date Gain/Loss: +21.83%
One more month to go to see how 2007 went in terms of net worth increases. I'm hoping that it will be close to 25% when it's all said and done.
Did the November market tumble affect your portfolios as much as it affected mine? Perhaps I should have a small bear hedge in my portfolio for such months as these. Anyone use the bear ETF HXD?-> If you would like to read more articles like this, you can sign up for my free newsletter service below (we will not spam you).