Welcome to the Million Dollar Journey “freebies and deals” page. As there is a lot of “free stuff” and “deals” out there, it’s difficult and time-consuming to distinguish the good from the waste of time. Below summarizes some of the free tools and deals from companies/products that I have recommended before, separated by topic. I will be expanding the list as I find more products that are worthy of sharing with my readers.
Recently, I wrote about how the PC Financial World Elite MasterCard is perhaps the best no annual fee grocery credit card out there. It offers 3% cash back when shopping at Loblaws group of stores (Loblaws, Dominion in NL, Real Canadian Super Store, No Frills, PC Mobile, and Shoppers Drug Mart). You can redeem $20 at a time towards products in their group of stores. For Loblaws shoppers out there, this card is a winner, especially since it doesn’t have an annual fee.
So what’s the freebie? If you sign up through Rate Supermarket, for a limited time get 20,000 PC points sign-up bonus which is equivalent to $20 in free groceries PLUS a $100 gift card towards select retailers -Starbucks, Cineplex, Cara Restaurants (Swiss Chalet, Montanas, Milestones etc) or iTunes. More Details HERE. Disclaimer – my spouse just signed up for this card and picked the Cineplex card.
Stock Trading Tools
- Questrade Discount Brokerage – Rated the #1 discount brokerage in Canada by Million Dollar Journey readers. Get $50 credit on new accounts using “MillionDollarJourney” as the affiliate code or by simply using this link to join (some conditions apply).
- Educational Stock Trading Videos – Free online educational video seminars on stock trading strategies and secrets taught by well known “super traders”. The only thing required is registration (free).
- Stock Trend Analysis – Free technical/trend analysis of stocks of your choice, all they require is a stock symbol and an email address to receive the analysis. This tool is good for both Canadian and U.S stocks with no abbreviations necessary. If you create a free trend analysis account, they will email you a daily trend analysis of each stock in your watch list.
- Tangerine $25 Bonus – This is not much of a trading tool, but a savings freebie. Open a free Tangerine account and get $25 added to your account when you deposit $100 with your initial cheque. After opening an account, you can refer your friends for an additional bonus. Open a free savings account and you’ll get an additional bonus.
- Online Shopping Cash Back Rebates – Get cash back for making online purchases you were going to make anyways with popular e-stores (like Chapters). New Great Canadian Rebate accounts automatically get $2 added to their accounts.
- Bluehost – I’ve personally tried numerous cheaper “shared” web hosting, some good but also quite a few bad ones. From my experience, the best bang for your buck web host that I’ve found is Bluehost. Their regular price/month is $6.95. This pricing includes a free domain name, unlimited bandwidth/storage, and one click WordPress/blog installation. For the features, reliability, available support and money back guarantee, the current pricing is a steal.
- 250 Free Business Cards – VistaPrint is offering 250 free basic color business cards for trying their service. The catch? You need to pay for shipping ($7.90 within Canada) and there’s a small cost if you remove their logo from the back of each card ($2.49). I took advantage of this offer a few years ago for my real estate side business and they turned out great!
Disclosure: Please note that links to merchants mentioned within this post might be using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission if you buy something through that affiliate link. That said, I never recommend anything I don’t personally use and find to be valuable.