Million Dollar Journey was chosen as one of the “Best of Blogs” in a Globe and Mail article earlier this week. We are currently in the top 10 but with your help, we can boost that to the top 5! If you haven’t voted for your favorite blogs yet, we would greatly appreciate your vote. Polls are open until May 12, 2008.
Book Giveaway Winner
Lets kick off the weekend with the winner of the book giveaway. This time around, we offered a free copy of the book “The House Flipping Answer Book“. Out of the 60 + entries, Dave P was selected as the winner! Congrats Dave P and I hope that you enjoy the book.
Million Dollar Journey has outgrown it’s shared hosting platform and is now moving onto it’s own virtual private server. What does this mean to the readers? Nothing really, the domain name, look and feel will remain the same. Hopefully though, the new server will result in a faster and more reliable blog.
As a result of the move, there may be some down time between now and Monday. Hopefully, everything will be back to normal by Monday morning (fingers crossed).
- Consumerism Commentary asks “Would You Tell Your Boyfriend You’re Rich?” A very interesting article about a woman who is wealthy but is afraid to tell her boyfriend that she has money. This could be an interesting discussion, maybe I’ll write about this later.
- Chris Perunna, a seriously talented stock trader, writes about the coming big decline in the U.S markets.
- Canadian Capitalist has a summary of articles written about the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting.
- The Digerati Life explains how to retire on time with these 10 tips.
- Lazy Man and Money gets creative and puts his own spin on the whole snow flaking concept. What’s his idea? Snowforting: Snowflaking an Emergency Fund.
- Quest for Four Pillars does an analysis of Vanguard REIT VNQ.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary gives us an update on Chinese ADRs.
- Brip Blap, like Lazy Man, comes up with his version of snow flaking called WealthStreaming.
- USNews hosted the Carnival of Personal Finance this past week. We submitted the article about financial infidelity being a major cause of divorce.
- Money Smart Life gives us investing advice for new college graduates.
- Generation X Finance writes about a few job hunting tips.
- My Dollar Plan tells us to plan ahead: 6 steps to secure your financial future.