FSB Associates contacted and provided me with a free copy of the new book "Fast Profits in Hard Times – 10 Secret Strategies to Make You Rich in an Up or Down Economy" by Jordan E. Goodman for review.
This hardcover book, as the title suggests, goes into various investment strategies for the more aggressive investor. All of the strategies vary in risk. Some of the strategies, like FOREX trading, are on the extreme side of risk.
If you are interested in winning a free copy of this book, scroll down to the bottom of this post.
Who is Jordan E. Goodman?
According to their publisher,
Jordan E. Goodman is a former Money magazine journalist and the author of several bestselling books, including Everyone's Money Book, The Dictionary of Finance and Investment Terms, and Master Your Money Type. He provides financial advice to millions of people each month through regular appearances on radio call-in and TV shows and through his seminars to corporate, association, and university audiences. He has been a regular contributor to NBC News at Sunrise, The Marketplace Morning Report on Public Radio, and many other shows. He hosts a popular financial resources Web site, www.moneyanswers.com, and is the host of The Money Answers Show on the VoiceAmerica Radio Network at www.voiceamerica.com. You can find out more about this book at www.fastprofitsinhardtimes.com.
What are the main points made by the book?
Discover how to profit from:
- Tax liens and deeds
- Buying real estate below market value
- Income trusts and master limited partnerships
- High-yielding stocks
- Dividend reinvestment plans
- Options trading
- Unusual bond strategies
- Foreign exchange trading
- Passive income strategies
- Brokering cash flow opportunities
What I liked?
- For those readers who have been following for a while, you know that I enjoy reading/writing about new money making ideas. This book does just that, it provides 10 ways to make extra income, some of which are fairly new ideas to me.
- I liked how the author interviewed and obtained information from experts in their field. Also, at the end of each strategy, the author lists recommended books for further reading on the topic.
- Each of the strategies contain a certain amount of risk. I appreciated that the author pointed out the least riskiest path of each strategy.
What I didn’t like?
- Although the book has some good ideas, the ideas were not explained in enough detail to actually go out on your own and implement them. Much more research is required on the cash flow methods mentioned.
- This book is well written and provides many ideas for making extra cash flow. Word of warning for my Canadian readers though, a lot of the content is geared towards our American friends.
Would you like to win a free copy? Simply leave a comment in this post indicating your favorite food and I'll pick a winner at random. Deadline for entries is 5pm EST Thursday March 13, 2008. Please, only one comment entry per person.
Update: Contest entries are closed.