I usually like to pay tribute to the top articles of the month on MDJ. I'm a little late this time around, but we have a good few articles that I think are worth another read.
Best of Million Dollar Journey: Sept 2007
1. Smith Manoeuvre Mortgage Comparison II – Top Pick (56 comments)
- This is Melanie's (from Canadian Mortgage Trends) favorite readvancable mortgage for the Smith Manoeuvre. Check out the comments in this article as there are some disagreements to her pick.
2. The Breast is Best (31 comments) – maybe it was the flashy title? ;)
- An article that is a little out of the norm for MDJ, but I enjoyed writing it as it kept things fresh. The comments get a little heated as most people have a strong opinion on parenting in general.
3. Loonie at Parity with the USD? (25 comments)
- A summary of the various ways a Canadian can take advantage of the Canadian dollar being @ parity with the USD. As of today, the CAD is still at parity with the USD.
4. The Cost of Building a House (24 comments)
- A guest post from a good friend of mine on the cost of building a house in Newfoundland. The comments are interesting here and it appears that building in Newfoundland can be relatively cheap.
5. Credit Card Arbitrage – What is it? (20 comments)
- Credit card arbitrage is a fairly popular strategy in the PF blog world. This 2 part series will explain what it is, and how to take utilize the strategy with various Canadian credit cards and savings accounts.
6. Top Cash Back Credit Card in Canada II – New Pick (19 comments)
- I've written quite a bit about worthy credit cards in Canada. In part 1, I picked the Costco AMEX that returns 1.5% of your money, in part 2, I picked the new AMEX Gold with their new 2% cash back card.