It’s been a while since I’ve had a “best of” article. It seems with the constant content written for MDJ, some great articles just get lost in the pile.
Here are some of my favorite articles over the past couple months.
- Deciphering the Insurance Puzzle – I (CMHC, Mortgage Life, and Term Life) – This article series stems from a reader email and explains the basics of common insurance options in Canada. Here is part 2: Deciphering the Insurance Puzzle – II (Universal Life, Disability, Critical Illness)
- Capital One Aspire World MasterCard Review – This was a guest post by rewards fanatic and regular reader Elbyron which reviews one of the best new travel rewards credit cards introduced in a while. Once my free for a year AMEX spg expires, this card is a top contender for my first fee based credit card (big deal for me!)
- Using Put Options to Protect Your Portfolio – With the volatility in the market, there are some ways to “insure” your portfolio with put options. They aren’t as complicated as you think!
- How to Attract the Best Tenants – This was a guest article from our resident real estate guru, some great tips here for real estate investors.
- A Primer on Bonds – I (The Types of Bonds) – This is a great series that gives the basics of bonds and how to invest in them. Here is part 2: A Primer on Bonds – II (Investing in Bonds)
- Spending your Tax Refund – By now, most of you have filed your return and received your tax refund. This article details some ideas on what to do with the extra cash.
- Closet Indexers vs. Stock Pickers – Truly Active Managers Outperform – This article explains in order for a mutual fund to outperform, they need a high “active share”.
- Retirement Income ETF Portfolio – This is a mockup low cost ETF portfolio that produces a steady income.