Best of Million Dollar Journey: Sept 2009
Top 6 Articles for Sept 2009
- Creating Super Human Kids – This was a popular post that I wrote while researching activities for our child. It just seems overboard the number of activities that kids are involved with these days.
- Converting a Principal Residence into a Rental Property – A common strategy among home owners when moving is to keep their existing property and rent it out. If the numbers make sense it may be a smart wealth strategy, however, most do not completely think through the tax consequences of converting a principal residence to a rental property. Check out the article for more details.
- What’s Important About Money To You? – I’m a big fan of money psychology and this article makes you think about your money personality. Everybody has one, which one are you?
- Canadian Bank Accounts for Kids – If you have children, have you opened a bank account for them? Kathryn goes through the list of available Canadian bank accounts for kids and compares them in a nifty table.
- Scotia Momentum Cash Back Visa Review – As a big fan of rewards credit cards, multiple readers have emailed me to review Scotia Banks momentum Visa. Seems like a decent card, but there are better cards out there without the annual fee.
- Taking Baby Steps Towards Financial Goals – We typically have 5 articles listed here, but I had to throw in this article as it was a personal favorite and something that I believe in. Think big, but set smaller goals along the way.
Top Comment Contributors
- Canadian Capitalist
- Canadian Money Forum
- Four Pillars
- The Globe and Mail
If you would like to read more articles like this, you can sign up for my free
newsletter service below (we will not spam you).