Welcome to the monthly Million Dollar Journey summary. Before we get started, if you haven’t already, today is the last day to enter the Moonjar giveaway. In addition, if you are doing some Christmas shopping online, make sure to buy through Great Canadian Rebates to collect your cash back rebates on purchases you were going to make anyways.
Top Posts for November 2008
- TFSA Contribution Room – This was a popular topic with the TFSA coming in early 2009. This article basically summarized that you can re-contribute all withdrawals from the TFSA the following year. Yes, this means that huge tax free gains withdrawn from your TFSA can increase your contribution room for the following year.
- Top 4 Tax Free Savings Account Strategies -Yet another post about the TFSA. After pondering about how to take full advantage of the upcoming TFSA, I came up with my top 4 tax free account strategies. My favorite strategy thus far is to create a tax free income fund.
- Advice during a bear market – This post is based on a question from a reader about how to give advice to those who have lost faith in the markets due to the current bear. Be sure to check out the comments.
- Top 7 Financial Tips for Newlyweds -These 7 tips not only apply to newlyweds, but just about any family/couple/partnership. The tips mostly revolve around one key concept… communication.
- Milloinaires Corner – QCash’s Portfolio Holdings – This is another guest from our favorite young millionaire – QCash. This post details the contents of QCash’s rather large portfolio.
Many thanks to the readers who contribute to the comment discussions. Below are the readers who have commented the most during the month of November.
Many thanks to the sites that sent traffic to Million Dollar Journey over the past month. Below are the referrals that sent the most traffic to us in November.
Special Thanks to our Banner Sponsors:
- Lending Club – With Prosper out of the picture, Lending Club has emerged as the leader of peer to peer lending in the U.S.
- Red Flag Deals – Canada’s largest bargain community.
- Kanetix – Get life/auto/home/disability insurance comparison quotes.
- Price Canada – Compare consumer prices before buying.
- Outlook Financial – They offer a very competitive high interest rate savings account and GIC’s.
- Halifax Investments – Based out of the UK, they cover investments, credit cards, mortgages and insurance.