Top 5 Articles for August 2009
- Currency Exchange – Getting the Best Deal – This was a popular article that was featured in “The Globe”. With CAD/USD exchange rates relatively low, some of us may be considering buying some USD to hold or spend. The article explains various methods to lower the cost of currency exchange.
- The Trouble with Rewards Points – Are there ethical concerns regarding using rewards points? Kathryn goes through some scenarios where she uses her points to squeeze the maximum value out of them.
- ING Direct Review and $25 Referral (Orange Key) – I recently opened an ING direct account to take advantage of the $25 freebie when depositing $100. Check out the article on how to get your $25.
- Flipping Houses for Profit – Real estate investing has been an interest of mine ever since graduating from University at which time I bought my first house. One strategy of real estate investing that has peaked my interest as of late is flipping fixer uppers for profit. This article goes through some of my thoughts on the strategy.
- Guaranteed Income Supplement and the GIS Clawback – A reader emailed me regarding the consequences of withdrawing from his RRSP with regards to his GIS benefits. Here I explain what GIS is, and how any income takes it away in a hurry.
Top Comment Contributors