Best of Million Dollar Journey April 2009
Top 5 Articles of March 2009
- The Costco Debate – Thoughts and Tips – This was a fairly controversial article with readers on both sides of the fence. I guess with Costco, you either love it, or hate it. I’m a big fan myself, how about you?
- Is it Time to Switch to a Fixed Rate Mortgage? – A couple days after posting this article, the bank of Canada declared that they will keep rates low for the next couple years. Before that though, I was preparing our finances for higher inflation, which means higher mortgage rates. With our mortgage to expire in 2 years, we have some decisions to make. Check out the article for the conclusions.
- How to Claim a Home Office – Here are some tips on how to claim a home office for those with small side businesses. If you have a large mortgage, and a large office within your home, it could end up to be a fairly significant tax deduction.
- Is Organic Food Worth it? – This article was motivated by my wife’s recent tendency to buy organic only products. Being healthy is great, but does the significantly higher cost of organic products really worth the benefits?
- 6 Ways to Lower Your Phone Bill – This was a popular post by Kathryn on some clever ways to lower your phone bill. If you’re phone bill is out of control, check out the tips mentioned.
Top Comment Contributors
Top Referring Sites
- Canadian Capitalist
- Canadian Money Forum
- Frugal Dad
- My Dollar Plan
- Canadian Mortgage Trends
If you would like to read more articles like this, you can sign up for my free
weekly money tips newsletter below (we will never spam you).