Welcome to the 126th Carnival of Personal Finance. For the readers who are not familiar with the CoPF, it's where personal finance bloggers submit their best articles of the week with one blog doing the hosting.
Today, it just so happens that Million Dollar Journey gets the honor of hosting the ever growing event. This week, there was an almost overwhelming number of submissions with 89 in total. The entries are separated into categories with my top picks below.
If you enjoy this weeks Carnival, please promote it on your own site.
Editors Choice – MDJ's Top 10 Picks
1. 7 Business Lessons Learned from Watching Warren Buffet by Edith Yeung
- A video post along with commentary about how Warren Buffet goes about picking businesses to invest in.
2. The 10 Most Important Things I have learned from Dividend Investing by The Dividend Guy
- 10 great tips on how to succeed in Dividend based investing which is also one of my favorite stock picking strategies.
3. How to Play the Impending Water Shortages by Everyday Finance
- With the potential world wide water shortage, this article indicates a water utility ETF that may be a good investment opportunity.
4. Where I Find What Stocks I Will Trade by Timothy Sykes
- The controversial Timothy Sykes has submitted an article on the various mediums that he uses to find momentum stocks. He talks about various websites and forums that he uses. If you're interested, you can read my book review that I wrote on Tim's new book "An American Hedge Fund".
5. 6 Tips for a Debt Free Christmas by Christian Personal Finance
- I thought this article was a great primer in getting ready for the big shopping season.
6. My Teenagers First Job by Me My Kid and Life
- This article is a insightful example of how to get your teenager/child involved with personal finance and money. Get them to start a business based on their skills. I think I will take the same approach with my future kid(s).
7. 25 Ways I Save Money by Cash Money Life
- Some solid ways to save money. I agree with and pretty much follow all 25 money saving tips.
8. Managing Finances in your Twenties by LifeEdit
- A Canadian personal finance blog that I discovered through this Carnival. From my last "age" poll, most of you readers are between the ages of 20-30, so this article may be helpful to you.
9. Scrabble & Personal Finance: 8 Lessons from Tiles by Blueprint for Financial Prosperity
- The title says it all, very creative post.
10. The Tale of Two Friends by Vixen on a Budget
- A story that I can really relate to. Two friends same jobs, one is good with money, the other is not so good. It really comes down to how your parents raised you.
Real Estate (7 Entries)
- First Time Home Buyer – What to Buy? by Four Pillars
- Home Decorating Costs: Housing Myths Part 2 by Home Finance Freedom
- Will Rents Rise Due to the Housing Slump? by FILAM Personal Finance
- Drawbacks of Getting a Mortgage by Mortgage Blog
- Putting a Home Warranty to Work: Cost Analysis by Redomestication
- In Defense of Home Ownership by Two Wise Acres
- Cheerleaders versus Analyst in Real Estate by Searchlight Crusade
Investing (14 Entries)
- Is Your Money Market Safe? by Living off Dividends
- 200+ Awesome Investing Websites by Forex Blog
- 7 Investment Ideas for the Sinful Investor by Stock Trading to Go
- "Growth Investing" Nothing More Than Rank Speculation by PowerWealth
- Bank IPOs: Mutual to Stock Conversions by My Dollar Plan
- Does Compound Interest Really Apply to Unit Trust Investment? by KCLau's Money Tips
- My Portfolio's Asset Class Returns over the Past 3 Years by Enough Wealth
- Because of Dollar Cost Averaging, I am Happy when my Portfolio Goes Down by Money Blue Book
- Extreme Investing for the Adventurous in all of us by Money Smart Life
- Investing Mistakes to Avoid by Personal Financier
- Banks by Financial Reference
- Stock Analysis: ACAS by Dividends4Life
- 401k Q's: Employer Match, Milestones & 50+ Contributors by My Retirement Blog
- As Wall Street Awaits its Destruction by The Agonist
Tax Talk (2 Entries)
- Ask the Tax Pro – The “NANNY” Tax by The Wandering Tax Pro
- I'll be Keeping That, Uncle Sam by A Penny Closer
Debt/Credit (5 Entries)
- Charge! by Mad Kane's Humor Blog
- 3 Reasons Why FICO 08 Won't Happen by Tradeline Solutions
- Debt Management 101 – Taking on only known and well Understood Debt Obligations by Fathersez
- Protection for IRAs From Creditors by My Wealth Builder
- A Dave Ramsey Success Story: Interviewing Steven by Plonkee Money
- Open Yourself to Opportunity and Inspiration – Mini Business Plan by Mrs. Micah
- Yo Quiero Aye Carumba! by Mighty Bargain Hunter
- Speed Interviewing is a Great Thing by The Baglady
- Active Resume Building by Money and Such
- Should I Report Ethical Misconduct at Work? by The Happy Rock
- Asking for a Raise by Me vs. Debt
- Work While You're in School by Broke Grad Student
Economy (4 Entries)
- The Housing Bust Aftermath is Turning the American Dream into an American Nightmare by Millionaire Mommy Next Door
- Strong CAD$ Bad News for Canadian Internet Entrepreneurs by Smart Money Daily
- The CEO vs the Bankers: Death by Transactions by Trust Matters
- National Debt at $9 Trillion by Fundmastery Blog
Saving/Frugality (13 Entries)
- Save $125 by sharing my "Biometrics" by Stacking Pennies
- 5 Ways to Get More for Your Money with Satellite and Cable by Satellite TV Guru
- America's Costly Drug Habit by Philby's Finance
- Do You Pay People For Things You Could Do Yourself? by One Frugal Girl
- When to Pull the Plug on Bargain Hunting by Queercents
- Target – The Clearance King by Saving Freak
- 51 Painless Money-Saving Tips by The Dough Roller
- Question Every Purchase by Blunt Money
- Are All Money Market Accounts Created Equal? by Moment on Money
- How I Don't Brown Bag and I'm Happier for it by Money Relations
- $3+ Gas in November, a Costly First by Don't Mess with Taxes
- 12 Ways to Save on Insurance by Free Money Finance
- How to Save Money and Time Shipping Packages by The Money Mythos
Money Management (17 Entries)
- Why Isn't There Universal Personal Finance Education by Canadian Dream: Free at 45
- Our New Financial Structure by Real World Finances
- Financial Misconceptions to Avoid – You Will be Richer for It by Opportunities a Plenty.
- 10 Reasons to have an Emergency Fund by Moolanomy
- Stay at Home Dad: Reality Checklist by Money Clipped
- Road to Success: Calculating your Net Worth by Money Walks
- How to Save a Billion or Two by Insure Blog
- Find The Reasons Why You Must Achieve Financial Freedom by Journey to Financial Freedom
- Ground Rules by The Retirement Hobo
- When is it Ok to Spend Money? by Finance and Fat
- A Pile of Receipts: Where I was and how Far I've Come by I've Paid for this Twice Already
- Financial Graivty – Is it Holding you Back? by Investor Blogger
- Managing Your Money by Potential 2 Success
- How Much will you Actually Need (for your masters) by After Grad
- Are you Maximizing Your Credit Card Rewards Program? by My Two Dollars
- Is Bank of America Getting Sneaky? by Free from Broke
- 2017 is the year of the bimillionaire by Brip Blap
General Finance (10 Entries)
- Google Finance Beta: My new favourite website! by WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo
- Google Page Rank Updates and PF Bloggers by Fire Finance
- Go Bananas for Fair Trade: Getting them in your Grocery Store by Money and Values.
- Virtual Ticket Scalping: Is There Any Income Potential? by NoPaperMoney
- Why my Nintendo Wii is My Best Investment of the Year by Money Ning
- My Thoughts on Robert Kiyosaki by How I Will Be Rich
- Banking Relationships Pay Long-Term Dividends by Physician Entrepreneur
- Setting Goals: A Lesson on Setting Quality Goals by The Amatureist Financial Journey
- Kicking off a Stress-Free Holiday Shopping Season by Grad Money Matters
- Ready To Retire Right Now? Find Out if it's Time to Quite the Rat Race by The Digerati Life
Thanks for stopping by and reading my first hosting of the Carnival of Personal Finance. Also, thanks to all who contributed! If I didn't include your post, it's most likely because it wasn't relevant to the Carnival or you submitted past the cut off time. Check out the Carnival of Personal Finance home for more information about the Carnival.