Welcome to the Million Dollar Journey “freebies and deals” page. As there is a lot of “free stuff” and “deals” out there, it’s difficult and time consuming to distinguish the good from the waste of time. Below summarizes some of the free tools and deals from companies/products that I have recommended before, separated by topic. I will be expanding the list as I find more products that are worthy of sharing with my readers.
- MBNA Smart Cash Credit Card – This free credit card offers 2% cash back on gas/groceries, 1% cash back on everything else, and an impressive suite of insurance coverage. This, in my opinion, is the best free cash back credit card in Canada and is the credit card that I use for primary spending. You can read my full smart cash review here.
Stock Trading Tools
- Educational Stock Trading Videos – Free online educational video seminars on stock trading strategies and secrets taught by well known “super traders”. The only thing required is registration (free).
- Stock Trend Analysis – Free technical/trend analysis of stocks of your choice, all they require is a stock symbol and an email address to receive the analysis. This tool is good for both Canadian and U.S stocks with no abbreviations necessary. If you create a free trend analysis account, they will email you a daily trend analysis of each stock in your watch list.
- Questrade Discount Brokerage – Rated the #1 discount brokerage in Canada by Million Dollar Journey readers. Get $50 credited to new accounts using “MillionDollarJourney” as the affiliate code or by simply using this link to join (some conditions apply).
- ING Direct $25 Bonus – This is not much of a trading tool, but a savings freebie. Open an ING Direct account with my ING Orange Key and get $25 added to your account when you deposit $100 with your initial cheque. After opening an account, you can refer your friends for an additional bonus. You can read my ING Direct Review here.
- Online Shopping Cash Back Rebates – Get cash back for making online purchases you were going to make anyways with popular e-stores (like Chapters). New Great Canadian Rebate accounts automatically get $2 added to their accounts.
- Car Cost Canada – Get Wholesale Car Quotes – After writing my article about negotiating when buying a new car, a reader wrote me about how she used Car Cost Canada to save thousands on her new car purchase. If you are in the market for a new car, for a small fee, Car Cost Canada will give you a report on what the dealer paid for the car. Having this information will help provide leverage in your negotiations.
- Lunarpages – I’ve personally tried numerous cheaper “shared” web hosting, some good but also quite a few bad ones. From my experience, the best bang for your buck web host that I’ve found is Lunarpages. Their regular price / month is $6.95, but for the fall season, they are offering all 12/24 month terms the reduced price of $4.95/mo. This pricing includes a free domain name, unlimited bandwidth/storage and one click WordPress/blog installation. For the features, reliability, available support and money back guarantee, the current pricing is a steal.
- 250 Free Business Cards – VistaPrint is offering 250 free basic color business cards for trying their service. The catch? You need to pay for shipping ($7.90 within Canada) and there’s a small cost if you remove their logo from the back of each card ($2.49). I took advantage of this offer a few years ago for my real estate side business and they turned out great!