Yes, you read right, it’s already been four years since Million Dollar Journey kicked off! It all started in early Dec 2006, just over three years after graduating from University and in the progress of turning around our personal finance situation towards building wealth.
Million Dollar Journey started zero readers. In fact, for a while it felt like I was the only one reading the blog. With time, the community slowly grew into what you see today. A strong and loyal readership who is as passionate about personal finance and investing as I am. Proudly, we have grown to over 12,000 subscribers and have received several millions of hits over the past four years.
As a token of my appreciation, I’d like to again give something back to the readers. This year, we have one company sponsoring the grand prize, with us sponsoring multiple gift cards to increase the chances of winning something.
Without further delay, here are the prizes for our fourth year anniversary celebration:
1. The newest iPod Touch 32GB (sponsored by RedFlagDeals)
Derek, the entrepreneur behind RedFlagDeals, has once again generously offered to sponsor a great prize. What is RFD? It’s Canada’s most popular “deal/bargain” portal with millions of visitors per month. If you enjoy finding deals (like I do), then you’ll find great value in RFD, it’s one of the sites that I visit daily.
Now, back to what you’ve all been waiting for, the prize. The iPod Touch 32GB, which retails for $299, has been known as the top portable MP3 player in the market which has continued to improve with every annual update. The previous version of the iPod Touch was amazing, but the latest version really steps it up another notch.
Besides being a market leading MP3 player, here are incremental features:
- Facetime – This iPod has a camera in the front (in addition to the back) so you can video chat with your friends/family using your favorite messenger program or skype.
- HD Video Recording – As we have a toddler, you can never have too many cameras around. Not only can the iPod take stills, it can record video in 720p. Yes, that is High Definition.
- Retina Display – This is the fancy marketing term they use for their super high resolution screen (for the mobile format) which gives up to 960×640 pixels.
- Better Gaming – Game Center is a new app that allows multi player action. For example, race against your friends, or have a game of cards. Apparently, using the iPod touch for games is getting huge.
If you’re looking for deals, make sure to check out the RedFlagDeals forums.
2. $25 x 8 Amazon.ca (or .com) Gift Cards!
To expand the contest a little and readers a greater opportunity to win something, we’re offering $25 Amazon gift cards – eight to be exact. Winning one of these cards could be an incentive to purchase those financial books you’ve been meaning to read.
How to Enter:
To be eligible for the prizes above, simply:
1. Sign up for the MDJ Money Tips Newsletter (free) at the bottom of this post. If you don’t see the sign up form, click here. (+1 Entry)
What is the Money Tips Newsletter?
The Money Tips Newsletter is a free email newsletter that I will send out once or twice a month.
The content includes highlighted articles on Million Dollar Journey, exclusive offers for Million Dollar Journey readers, and original content that doesn’t make it to the front page of this blog. Thus far, I have 5 scheduled Newsletters editions that all subscribers will see. The topics range from the basics of investing, the Smith Manoeuvre, to the top credit cards in Canada.
As mentioned above, your privacy is important to us. We will never sell your information to third parties, as well, you can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time.
2. Leave a comment indicating your current financial priority (pay down debt, build portfolio, savings etc.) (+1 Entry)
The Giveaway Rules:
Lets go over some of the rules. All contestant entries will be shoved into an electronic hat and drawn at random.
- Only confirmed (new and existing) newsletter subscribers on the date of draw are eligible.
- Only one comment per person and please include a valid email address.
- To be fair to all contestants, each winner can only win once.
- Only those with a North American mailing address may enter.
- Contest will end Sat 5pm EST Dec 18, 2010 and the winners announced shortly after!
Good luck!If you would like to read more articles like this, you can sign up for free my newsletter service below (we will not spam you).