Approximately 2 years ago, I wrote my first entry on Million Dollar Journey. Since then, we have reached many milestones such as hitting 4,000 subscribers, 1 million visits and over 2 million page views.
In addition to the blog growth, I’m most proud of the great community that we’ve built. The Million Dollar Journey community ranges from personal finance newbies who have questions to experts/enthusiasts who are more than willing to help. Judging from the emails that I receive on a daily basis, the quality of the comments are one of the highlights of this blog of which I am grateful.
To celebrate the 2 year milestone and to give a small thanks for taking the time to follow and contribute to my journey, I have another giveaway arranged. This year, the $450+ worth of prizes are sponsored by companies/websites that I support.
All contestant entries will be shoved into an electronic hat and drawn at random. Since there are 5 prizes available, the odds of winning are relatively high. To be fair to all contestants, each winner can only win once.
Without further delay, here are the prizes for our 2 year anniversary celebration:
1. Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital Camera
Derek, the entrepreneur behind Price Canada and Red Flag Deals, has once again generously offered to sponsor a great prize. What is Price Canada? It’s a web portal that will do all the comparison shopping for you! Simply type in the item that you are shopping for, and their search engine will come up with various stores offering the product that you are looking for with their current pricing.
Now, back to what you’ve all been waiting for, the prize. Since the digital camera generated a lot of excitement last year, we decided to offer another digital camera this year! The camera this year is valued a bit higher than last year and the camera is small enough to fit in your shirt pocket.
Here are the specs of the Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital Elph:
- 8 Megapixel resolution and high-quality 3x Optical Zoom lens
- Optical Image Stablization
- Features DIGIC III Image Processor for sharper images and improved functionality
- Clear, high-resolution 2.5” LCD for easy on-camera viewing
- Print/Share Button for easy direct printing and downloading, plus ID Photo Print and Movie Print options
- Enhanced Face Detection Technology automatically sets focus, exposure, flash and white balance for greater shooting freedom
- $200 Value
2. $100 Shopping Gift Card
Great Canadian Rebates has also generously offered a prize for Million Dollar Journey Readers. For those of you who don’t know about Great Canadian Rebates, it’s a free portal for online shopping that will allow you to receive cash back on your online purchases. If you use this portal in conjunction with a cash back credit card, you can end up with a significant discount on your purchases. Check out my Great Canadian Rebates review to learn more about them.
So what exactly are they offering as a prize? They are giving away a $100 gift card for this birthday giveaway. The gift card is redeemable at various popular online stores: Amazon, Sears, Chapters, Canadian Tire and The Shopping Channel.
3. Stock Trading INO TV Premium Annual Membership
What is INO TV Premium? They are an online service that offers educational stock trading videos/seminars that contains over 140 top experts teaching you their stock trading secrets.
What a free preview of the prize? Check out these 4 free stock trading videos (registration required).
4. The Moonjar – The Innovative Piggybank
A couple weeks ago, I did a review and giveaway of the Moonjar. The Moonjar is a new age piggy bank that can help teach children about money by separating spending, saving, and sharing money.
With the popularity of the previous Moonjar giveaway, the Canadian Moonjar distributor has offered another Moonjar to Million Dollar Journey readers. This would be a great Christmas gift for any family with young children.
Speaking of Christmas, if you would like to purchase a Moonjar as a Christmas gift, for a limited time, you can use the code Frugal20 for 20% off your purchase . However, be sure to order it on or before December 15, 2008 to give shipping ample time to arrive before Christmas day.
5. Personal Finance Book: Killing Sacred Cows
With the overwhelming popularity of the Killing Sacred Cows book giveaway a few weeks back, I contacted the book publisher to offer another copy as a prize. They graciously agreed, and now you have another chance to win a copy of this great book.
Finding your soul purpose is discovering what brings you the most joy and creates the most value for others. It’s what enables us to develop to our full potential. Ask yourself, if you had all the money you ever needed, what would you do everyday to be productive? Also, in what areas do you have superior skill and have extreme passion?
How Do You Enter?
Here are the 4 ways that you can enter:
- Confirmed E-mail subscribers (new and old) are automatically entered. You can sign up for MDJ email updates here (free). (1 entry) (your privacy is important to us)
- Members (new and existing) of Great Canadian Rebates who signed up under Million Dollar Journey are automatically entered. (1 entry)
- Simply leave a comment in this post. (1 entry)
- Help promote this contest on your blog with a link back to this post or blog. (1 entry) (short one liner will do). Please email me with the posted link.
That’s right, you can get up to 4 entries.
- Please only 1 comment entry / person, 1 e-mail subscription / person, and 1 Great Canadian Rebates membership / person.
- If you sign up for the MDJ email updates, make sure to click the link in the confirmation email that you will receive. Otherwise, the subscription/entry is invalid.
- Make sure that you enter a valid email address in the “email” field of the comments.
- Contest will close approximately 2 weeks from today (5pm EST Fri Dec 19, 2008).
Update: Contest is now closed, winners will be announced soon!